|Photo courtesy Juniper Burro of www.sweejuniperblog.blogspot.com.|
Sheaffer, thank you for this esteemed nomination. In accordance with the contest rules, which state that I must share seven things about myself that my readers may not know, I offer a twist: three and a half things about me, and (for her devotion to typesetting and transcribing obligations) three and a half things about FarmWife. They are as follows:
1) I grind my teeth when I am waiting for a meal. FarmWife has asked me to pinky swear that I shall not develop ulcers, to which I respond that I have no pinkies.
2) I can be sent on down the trail with a "walk on" and can wait, up ahead, with a "whoa" and a "stand." This is helpful during such activities as trail clearing or passing through complex tree falls.
3) I toe out considerably. I am still, however, perfect.
3.5) I am half as tidy now as I used to be, as I have decided to move my manure pile inside the shed during inclement weather. I still keep it organized and off to one side.
4) FarmWife has an irrational love of graph paper. I, on the other hand, can't touch the stuff without getting it dirty.
5) FarmWife once met Cass Ole, the horse who played the Black in Francis Ford Coppola's production of The Black Stallion.
6) FarmWife hates colas (e.g., coke or pepsi). When she drinks them, she feels as though her throat might close up. I, on the other hand, never turn down anything sweet.
6.5) Half of FarmWife's free time, at least, is spent in admiration of me, Fenway Bartholomule.
Now, I'm graced with the opportunity to pass this esteemed award on to additional bloggers of my choosing. I must begin with Bif, of www.IamBoyfriend.com. He's a happy chappy and a robust boy, like myself. He always has something clever to say, and much of what he says is about his hearty appetite. I like that about him.
Secondly, I recommend to you the inspired musings of sweet Juniper, a beautiful burro from the wild blue yonder. While she's a bit behind on her posting, she never wastes a word. She's pretty, too, though I wouldn't want to let my darling Katie Scarlett hear me say so! Check Junie out at www.sweejuniperblog.blogspot.com.
Next, I bestow the Stylish Blogger award upon Upupaepops of http://meanderingwa.blogspot.com/. While the blog never mentions equines, per se, it does cover the wild and wonderful beauty of the Pacific Northwest—something that equines are great at reaching, seeing, and tasting. If you ever wondered why we love this wet, green corner of the world, Upupaepops can tell you.
Speaking of wet, no one forecasts the weather like Cliff Mass! www.cliffmass.blogspot.com is the go-to place for the whats and whys of Northwest weather, and while it has nothing at all to do with mules it has everything to do with what to expect during a Washington muleback ride!
If you want something silly, irreverent, and random, nothing beats www.hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com. Careful—you might wet your pants. I hereby bestow the Stylish Blogger award upon Allie, who draws worried dogs better than anybody.
Also in the humor vein, www.NannyGoatsInPanties.com is some pretty silly stuff. It's run by a stylish blogger with a penchant for goat humor, and I approve. After all, if you can't laugh at a goat, what can you laugh at?
For notes from the farm, www.curbstonevalley.com/blog/ can't be beat. Intelligent, entertaining, and packed with insight, beauty, and sweetness—kind of like a mule, now that I think about it.
Finally, for the crafty set we recommend www.thismamamakesstuff.com. Don't let her scare you—no one that creative could be real! She's probably an android, but a mulishly accomplished one.
Ears to you, Sheaffer, for the honor of this award. May your days be hayful and your spirit brayful.
Your stylish friend,