The ingredients for successfully keeping goats out of the raspberry patch:
- One dozen heavy-duty 6-ft. steel t-posts
- One 100' roll of 48" woven wire horse fence
- 200 feet of low-guage aluminum electric wire
- Two dozen plastic t-post insulators
- One dozen plastic t-post caps
- One heavy-duty low-impedance 110 volt 2 joule fence charger
- One six-foot ground rod
- 48 wire fence clips or fasteners
- One powered 110 volt outlet
The ingredient for successfully keeping a mule out of the raspberry patch:
- A single white or pale-colored string. (Synthetic yarn holds up nicely; pictures to follow).
This is why I, and not the goats, am allowed out to graze in the orchard.