Wednesday, July 28, 2010
We All Have Our Frumpy Days
FarmWife is feeling OK today, but over the weekend she wasn't herself. Too many fatty foods . . . and the outcome? Pimples! You humans and your mysterious maladies. Me, I handle overfeeding better . . . I just get fat deposits above my tail.
FarmWife is back to her old self today, but in anticipation of her next Frumpy Day I thought I'd assemble this little 5-point plan for feeling beautiful. Here's my advice:
1) Get dressed up. If you are human, put on some earrings and a swishy skirt. If you're an equine, arrange to be curried and don your dressiest sheet. It's hard to feel frumpy in a sassy outfit!
2) Do something active. If you've just slogged up a mountain, you're entitled to feel grubby.
3) Groom a mule. Once you've donned all HIS dust and mud and shed hair, your own wee zit and limp ponytail will be the least of your worries.
4) Eat more vegetables. FarmWife, at least, never feels less beautiful than when she's just eaten a half-dozen donuts and a plate of alfredo pasta. Being less of an easykeeper than myself, it's not so much that she gains weight . . . rather, she gains a feeling of general unthriftiness that simply MUST be shed.
5) Remember, tomorrow is a new day, and you are BEAUTIFUL.